Why it doesn't feel like Christmas

I'm still working. The last three years by this time I was more than likely home from uni and enjoying not having to do everything for myself. This year I still have three days left to work and then a train to my parents rather than being picked up by a parent (ah adult life is hard). I shouldn't really complain as I know a lot of people have to work over Christmas and I've been lucky enough to be given it off.

The lead up to Christmas feels like it began about ten months ago working in retail. We've had things in for Christmas for ages and wore Christmas jumpers for Black Friday (November, and way too early to even be thinking about Christmas!).

We have NO decorations up in the house. The only sign of Christmas is a box of biscuits and a tin of Roses. I'm not a huge fan of decorations anyway but I feel they make me more excited for Christmas and remind me it's that time of year.

I did most of my Christmas present shopping ages ago and so haven't had to do the get everything in one go rush. Apparently something that makes me feel more Christmas-y.

I've not watched any Christmas films yet! Something I want to change in the next couple of days. Otherwise I'm going to end up feeling excited for Christmas when it's all over!

Even Christmas music hasn't really been on in my house. Mostly because I don't listen to a lot of music and as I don't drive I do not have the radio on there either.

Maybe I just need a massive injection of Christmas related things (A sing a long followed by a film, some wine, too much food and a room of decorations) to bring me some Christmas cheer and remind me that in a week, it's all over for another year.

Comments