I for Image

Image to me I feel is not something that is ideal according to society. 
Society tells me I should be tall, skinny, polite, girly, dress 'in fashion' and take pride in my appearance. Right now I'm sat in bed after a long day at uni in joggers and a hoody with my hair tied on top of my head and whatever little makeup that has not slipped off my face during the day on. 
I guess my image is important to me. I don't really feel pressure to dress a certain way but I definitely feel the pressure of the weight issue. I'm not tall (5"3' is all I will now ever reach!) and I'm definitely NOT skinny. I've tried for a long time to conform and lose weight and be 'normal' but I've come to the conclusion it just doesn't suit me. I can't keep at a lower weight I just yo-yo and it seems that's the way it'll always be.
The main thing to do with image that is important to me is my makeup but even then I've gone from refusing to leave the house without my 'face' on to being quite happy to go to the shop or the gym with none on at all.
Society is ugly. Society probably thinks I'm ugly too. But maybe I like it that way!

Comments

  1. hey! i'm 5'3" and never been a bean pole either! have you been outside? the majority of society is not good looking, but that's okay. you have a good self-image and you're a cute girl! you will go far and be happy in life - society is too judgmental!
    nice to meet you =)
    happy i day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part of society and I think you're beautiful. The norm sucks anyway, too overrated. It's more important to be beautiful INSIDE as well as out, which you certainly are (you lucky duck!)

    Anyway, I love you pal xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm sucks? HAHA what's the norm? ;)
      Thank you! So are you
      Love youu xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment