H for Hair

Okay, so my last few posts have been too serious so to lighten the mood my post today is about my hair.
I've done some awful things to my hair over the years and even at the age of twenty I'm still far from finished with experimenting. My hair is naturally a light brown kind of colour. It's naturally fairly straight and really is quite boring, it has no natural highlights or anything.
I first died my hair when I was about twelve, I got some lovely chavy blonde highlights put into my hair and I loved them! I can't find any photo evidence (thankfully!) of this awful hair but it is definitely not a style I will be going for again!
As I got older I wanted to do something a little bit different so I dyed my hair red. It was a bright red for a while but then as I dyed it more and the colour built up it went a darker red which I loved.

Getting rid of the red was a pain to say the least. If you ever want hair that's not tinted red FOREVER do NOT dye your hair red or any shade of red. I dyed my hair dark brown to try and cover it but for years my hair had a red tint. After deciding to get rid of the red for good I used colour before a couple of times to try and strip my hair and then resorted to bleaching it. Three time. In one week. Also NOT something I'd advise to do. The first bleach took me basically to orange, the second to very blonde with a few ginger/orange/brown/red what I'd like to say were highlights but in reality were patches. The third time I bleached my hair, I managed to get most of my hair to one form of blonde or another, trust me there were a lot! My roots were even platinum blonde (not a good look for me at all). I was finally free of the red! And a week later - after giving my hair a little time to recover) I dyed it a darker blonde which I also loved. 

A few weeks after starting uni I dyed my hair red again (what was I thinking?!)..thankfully it didn't really stick and washed out within a week but I did have to dye my hair a darker brown to cover up the red that was left. 

Apart from dip dying my hair blonde, turquoise and getting my hair dyed professionally (I normally do it myself) I actually left my hair untouched for a while. Even in September when it was done properly I just got it dyed a darker brown with some blondes through it. 

Then two weeks ago, I was fed up (AGAIN?) of brown hair and dyed my hair purple though the result is more of a red-ish kind of colour. 
I would like to say this is the last time I'll get bored but I think we all know that's a lie. It'll probably be another colour give it a few months!

Comments

  1. Love the red!

    I'm so predictable these days (but yes it used to be every colour possible when I was younger) - my one treat is always getting it dyed at the hairdressers, the problem with thick curly hair was even if I were to still do it myself, I'd need 3 to 4 packets of hair dye to get the coverage and I'd look like I'd murdered someone in the bathroom!

    These days it's more and more to cover the grey ;)

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my hair is quite thin and I can get away with the one box to cover it for now. Going to dye it again this week though as there are still a few brown bits amongst the purple!

      Delete

Post a Comment