C for Childhood

My childhood wasn't exactly the most eventful but it also wasn't the most straight edge.
I don't remember where I was born, we moved before I knew the area. My second home was in Kent. I grew up here until the age of nine.
We then moved to Cumbria, pretty much as far away as you can get without going into Scotland! As you can see from the photo, it's pretty remote..
This summer we will be moving again. As I'll be much older I think the move will affect me a lot less. I don't live at home now anyway I spend most of my time at University.
The move when I was nine years old was a big change for me though, in Kent I went to a school where there were six classes per year, lots to do and living in a large town on a main road to Cumbria where there was one class per year, little to do and living in a quiet town in a cul-de-sac.
I don't resent my parents for moving me now though. When I was nine it was hard to see the positives, I was scared of not knowing anyone and the fact that people might not like me. Putting myself in those sorts of predicaments at a younger age I feel has made me a stronger person today and I am thankful to my parents for that.

Comments

  1. Ooh that does look remote! I've just been to Cumbria for work, I came back with jewellery as I can always find a good shop even in the middle of nowhere ;) For work it's one of my favourite places where we can meet!

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live quite this remotely but it takes very little time to be surrounded by that kind of scenery!

      Delete
  2. We moved from London to Somerset (so I wouldn't get an accent ha ha) when I was 6. It is a big change when you are a child. Thank you for your insightful post.

    GenWestUK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment