F for Friendship

I've never exactly been a loner when it comes to friends but my friendships haven't been smooth sailing either. I had quite a few friends when I was living in Kent I was young, loud, talked to anyone and even then was quite a strong personality. When I moved I was terrified of being alone.
The first day of my new school came around and I just stood in the playground looking lost. A couple of people who were in my class approached me but they thought I was younger than them to begin with. I'm still really good friends with one of those people now and without her the move and new school would have been a completely different story. I don't know what I would have done without her. It was only a week or two of the school term before it was my birthday and I had three friends round for tea, I had settled in that quickly.

Secondary school was a different story, I had quite a few friends but the people I was closest to changed a lot as there was a lot of bitching. Looking back it was all childish really, I've witnessed a lot worse since. Towards the end of school there were two people who I became really close to and we shared some amazing holidays and memories. We've drifted since I came to uni though which is a shame.
I also became close to another girl mostly in Sixth Form who is still a good friend now. She kept me sane in Sixth Form and just accepts me as I am.

At uni our whole block bonded really quickly, maybe because we had to, who knows?! I have made some amazing friends since coming to uni though and living with them too proves how close we all are. I have friends on my course too who keep me awake in boring lectures, keep me focused when it comes to exams and stop me swinging from the lights when I'm hyper in labs.


I may not have had the easiest ride when it comes to friendships but I sure do love my pals!

Comments

Post a Comment