J - Jobs

I've still got a couple of months left at uni and obviously I'm thinking about what job I can get when I finish now. For a while I've known that I'd like to work in cosmetic research. My ideal job is developing formulas of products and testing to see what are the best ingredients etc to use. However after looking into this I've discovered that I need some lab experience before I can do this, so I've been trying to find lab work to apply for.

I've applied for a number of these sorts of jobs and so far no luck. It's really frustrating as even though I have a small amount of money saved to hopefully set me up somewhere I'd need to be earning a reasonable about of money to go where the work is. But a lot of these jobs either pay badly, or are in areas where there is no way I can afford to live! How do they expect graduates to get jobs when this is so often the case?! Not only that but if limited money means moving home then the jobs I can apply for is then limited on location.

It upsets me also that all jobs want experience. I'm gonna be a new graduate, where am I meant to have got any experience from?!

Graduate schemes are a joke too, by the time you are aware of them all the posts have closed. They ask stupid questions that are impossible to answer and take on a tiny number of people!

Constantly getting asked by people what I'm going to do when I finish uni is getting to me, I know what I want to do, and yes I'm trying, but it's really just not that easy and people constantly asking is just making my panic and anxiety about the whole issue a lot worse!

Comments