B - Budget buys

As a student I think sometimes some of the things I've bought to try I may have otherwise not tried. When food shopping for example there are a lot of things that cost a fraction of the price but are essentially the same product.

For me some of the essentials that I now refuse to spend more money on are:
baked beans
pasta
bread
eggs (but I do still buy free range)
passatta
lemonade
fruit and veg

I think over the time I've been at uni I will have spent a lot less money on things like the above that I used regularly and as they taste exactly the same I'll continue to buy even when I'm not a student.

Make up wise there are also products that I don't like to splash out on. One prime example is the concealer I use. It's about £4 a tube (I think) and it's just as good as high end versions. I've actually sold a high end concealer I have in favour of the collection lasting perfection concealer I use! There are a lot of things make up wise I can see the benefit of spending more money on however day to day I rarely use high end products. The only thing I used daily is my Rockateur blush from Benefit.

What are your key budget buys and what do you like to splash the cash on?

Comments