I - I got stuck in a dress

Yes, you read that correctly. I got stuck in a dress. Like actually stuck to the point where there was no getting out.

It was a nice day, I went into a nice town with my mum for some lunch and so have a little shop. I got a couple of nice dresses from a charity shop, always a bonus and then we were looking for dresses for graduation/end of year ball.

Monsoon is a shop I've bought formal dresses from before and so when I spotted a pretty dress in the sale I thought I'd try it on. It was a lovely fitted one, a zip down the side, nice colours and pretty enough for one of the events I needed something for.

Showed mum, went to take it off...and the zip had got stuck on the seam. Got mum to try and help and realised I was actually stuck. After a good few minutes tugging on the dress zip mum went and got someone who worked in the shop. She also couldn't get it to move and she tried to break the zip and couldn't even manage that. She got another shop assistant who also couldn't move the thing and then I heard the dreaded words 'I'll just go and get some scissors'.

I only imagine that my face dropped I have no idea. She came back and had to cut alongside the zip in order for me to manage to get out of the dress. The dress was completely ruined by the time I managed to get out after being told be the shop assistant like 'It must be the dress, it's not like it doesn't fit you' and 'Well this is a first'. I literally wanted to cry but couldn't help myself and was laughing way more than appropriate.

Side note...this is the pretty dress, excuse the face, I'm not sure I cared much at the time about what I actually looked like!


Oh, and before anyone asks...No I didn't buy it ;)

Comments

  1. Oh! Is it wrong that I laughed reading this? I think it's my worst nightmare! I've got myself stuck in a corset (twice- I never learn) and had to phone for help (luckily, I was at home) so I do sympathise- really, I do.

    But I still laughed... ;)

    And such a pretty dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't worry I would have laughed too! My mum thought it was hilarious and although I was pretty mortified I found the whole ordeal pretty funny too!

      Delete

Post a Comment