Update on 5:2 and what I'm learning

This week I've only lost about 3 pounds. That's still a good loss and I'm still happy with it but I'd have like to have lost a little more if I'm completely honest. I set myself some goals at the beginning of February and one was to lose a stone - If I have any hope of doing that I need to step up my game.

Things I'm learning
1) When I'm full, stop. Just because it's infront of you doesn't mean you have to eat it
2) Boredom and hunger and two very different things
3) If I want something like chocolate, it's okay to eat it - it'll likely stop you binge eating at another point
4) Alcohol is the devil - I'm a student so drinking is a massive part of my social life but it completely ruins hard work. If I'm going to drink sticking to vodka and diet mixer is the best way to limit the damage and DO NOT stop at the takeaway on the way home!
5) Just because I have a high TDEE doesn't mean I need to eat them all, topping up my days calories by eating sweets and crisps and chocolate in the evening is just more likely to make me go back to old habits
6) It's not easy and that's okay - Breaking habits I've had to years isn't going to happen over night
7) Keep busy on a fast day and it's easy peasy
8) Exercise is important - I think it's played a massive role in me not losing as much this week

Comments