Lent - what am I giving up?

Over the years I've had some massively failed attempts at giving things up for example in my freshers year I gave up alcohol, because apparently I actually thought I could do it... I think I lasted a while however it definitely wasn't the entire 40 days! I've also had a failed attempt at takeaways... I have had some great successes though, I managed to give up Facebook for the whole of Lent once and tbh I missed absolutely nothing!

This year I'm going to give up something that previously hadn't even crossed my mind - Luxury purchases. More specifically make up and skin care products. I've got more than enough to see me through the 40 days and 40 nights and to be honest it's definitely something I spend far too much money on.

I also want to try and waste less food. I buy quite a lot of fresh food - especially at the moment and the amount I waste does really upset me. It's so difficult to feed one person! Anyway this is something I want to work on in the long run so Lent is a good excuse to try and get this underway.

Comments