The best way to remove your make up?

I am constantly changing the way in which I take off my make up and trust me, I've tried a LOT of products. I've heard from so many people that it's bad to use a make up wipe - but why? And does it REALLY matter?


I've taken of a normal day's make up here with a wipe. Then I've used Clean & clear deep cleansing lotion for sensitive skin to make sure everything was off using a cotton pad. This amount of make up would otherwise have stayed on my skin overnight and I'd possibly have re-applied on top of it in the morning, No wonder skin can so easily get spotty.


I feel like the cleansing lotion definitely does it's job but it's quite harsh on the skin as even this one that's designed for sensitive skin makes my eyes and the area around my eyes feel slightly like they are burning for a period of time.


Foaming cleanser was something I bought recently to try out as a different way to remove make up. I've only used it a couple of times as to be honest often I'll take off my make up as i'm getting into bed. This makes using this product difficult as it needs to be applied to wet skin and washed off with water. I know if I just take it with me when I go to brush my teeth I can easily use it but I often forget!


Garnier softening cleansing lotion is another thing I've got recently. I have really liked this product when I've used it but I feel I use a lot of the product to take off my make up and so using this regularly could add up over time.


Another thing I've used recently is coconut oil. I've heard a lot of people say it's really good for your skin so gave it a go. I hate the way it feels on my skin and I didn't think it took off my make up as well as some other things have done. I've since passed this on to someone else to try and use on their hair as I was no longer using it.

Simple toner is something else I've used to take make up off - I'm never entirely sure what you should or shouldn't use to take make up off but using this just dried out my skin and although I used it quite a lot it's definitely not the thing for me.

If anyone can recommend me some products to try out things they love that'd be great!

Comments