Day twenty-eight: Most embarrassing moment

I don't think I am easily embarrassed considering some of the things I do in public! I guess the most humiliating (is that the same thing?) moment I can think of was last summer. I was working in a cafe and I'd just started. A lady had come in and asked for a ham and coleslaw baguette. My boss saw that I had put coleslaw on first and snatched the baguette from me and told me (in a somewhat raised voice) if someone asks for ham and coleslaw you give them ham and coleslaw not coleslaw and ham. The poor customer looked bewildered!

I was devastated that I'd been spoken to in that way in front of a customer and almost walked out. The same place put me in this sort of situation a few times - maybe a clue as to why I'm not working for them this summer!

The only other times I can think of when I've been really embarrassed is involving my parents..but isn't that their job?! We went for a meal out last week to celebrate the end of my brother's A level's and my dad pronounced chorizo 'curizo'. That was pretty embarrassing!

Comments