Fanny Crown - 21st Birthday Outfit

As it's my 21st next month an email from Amy at www.fannycrown.com asking if I'd like to chose a dress and write about how I'd wear it could not have come at a better time! I've been searching for the perfect dress for a while now and just hadn't found the one. Since I started looking for a dress I've now booked a holiday and will actually be away on my birthday however I still had a lot of fun looking for the perfect dress for the occasion and finding the accessories to match.

Browsing their website has taken me a good couple of hours as the range and styles of dresses are amazing. They literally have something for everyone and every occasion. I eventually decided on a beautiful cocktail dress in a colour that I have a few items in and feel compliments my skin tone perfectly.


I feel this dress could be very flattering given its design and that's definitely something I look for in a dress. The criss-cross pattern under the bust would draw attention to this area of my body which is the smallest part of my torso - this will also draw attention away from my hips and the larger parts of my body. I love the detailing on the very top of this dress and the little cap like sleeves it has as my arms are something I hate and like to hide which this dress will help with. I also love the length of the dress as it's long enough for me to feel comfortable in without having to wear tights or leggings which I feel would make the dress look a lot less formal and probably make me look younger too! The texture of the dress being pleated I think is flattering too as sometimes a really straight pattern sticks to your body in all the wrong places.
 Accessories


Black pumps
$41 - newlook.com


Leather handbag
boticca.com


Valentino leather bracelet
lanecrawford.com


Black earrings
$4.98 - fashionunion.com



This rich colour I think would work perfectly with black accessories. Black heels are slimming as they give you height and being only 5 foot 3 heels definitely help me! The clutch bag I think is really cute and adds to the dressy-ness of the whole outfit. Black nails complete an outfit as far as I'm concerned and then a stud bracelet and cross earrings give the whole look an injection of my personality.

Make up wise to go with this bold make up for me is a must. Smokey eyes and winged eye liner with a nude lip I think would suit perfectly. To create this look I used dream matte mouse as a base with collection lasting perfection concealer and powder and sleek blush in life's a peach. I then used two different l'oreal powder shadows to create a smokey eye and used ArtDeco HD precision liner in 3. For the nude lip I used MAC modesty.


Hair wise I'd go with a curled up do to keep my hair off my face and to add volume to my fairly flat fine hair. I'd probably put some sort of quiff in too to add height and make my hair look less lifeless as it literally has a mind of it's own and just flops whenever and wherever it feels like doing so!

I've also been given a discount code for my readers so if you have a special occasion coming up use the code HAPEADAYS14 for 15% off until the 26th September - happy shopping guys!

Comments