Edinburgh - A much needed break!

If you follow me on twitter or instagram you may know that I've just been away for a few nights with the boyfriend to Edinburgh. We went last year and it's a place I absolutely love! Last year we did lots of tourist-y things like visited the zoo and the castle and we did an open top bus tour. However this year we did things on a lower budget. We walked everywhere and even ventured up to the top of Arthur's seat..In 22 degree heat!
The view from the top!

However we still managed to spend a heck of a lot of money! I only bought a few things for myself other than food and I'm really proud of myself for even entering Harvey Nichols and not buying anything from MAC or any other counter for that matter! My make-up ban is still firmly on track. Maybe one reason nothing was purchased in Harvey Nichols was something to do with the fact I felt amazingly out of place - It's really quite posh!

To say the diet went down the shitter during the holiday is kind of an understatement! I didn't actually put on any weight (Very surprised) but I obviously didn't lose any either! We ate some of the most amazing breakfasts I've ever seen and then had massive meals in the evening too - something I could get used to but I was so happy to see some salad one night when we went out so not something I could have kept up with for much longer.


Wetherspoon's vegetarian breakfast - There's actually three hash browns and another egg hidden under this food!




Meatballs from Jamie Oliver's Italian




I bought myself a lovely new black handbag because the one I had with me broke and I wanted a new one for when uni starts again that can hold quite a few bits and bobs. I also bought myself some face scrub and spot cream because I had an awful break out while we were there. The only other things I got were a few vests, leggings and a cardigan from Primark.. Could have spent a lot more money but as I'm skint I am very proud of myself for not going crazy.


Comments

  1. Hey I saw you was a blogger from Hull/ around this area, same! and I really like your blog! I did a post on Hull and the city of culture ect if you would like a look,

    http://aliciadeyes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/welcome-to-my-home-hull-city-of-culture.html

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where abouts in Hull are you from? Nice to meet another local blogger :) x

      Delete
    2. I'm just outside of Hull in the willerby area! xx

      Delete
    3. Cool! Do you know many bloggers in your area? x

      Delete

Post a Comment