August BirchBox

I've never received any beauty boxes or other boxes like this before so after seeing a code treated myself! The August box is the first one I got and it contained a sample chapter from the book 'The Proposal' by Tasmina Perry, two CC cream samples, a Wild about Beauty eyeshadow creme in Matilda, ProGenius treatment oil, a perfume sample, a make up bag and a hair product called Super Comb prep and protect.


So far I've used the perfume a couple of times and it's really nice and lasts well. However the full size bottle is very expensive at over £100 so is definitely not something I will be purchasing! I've also used the eye shadow creme a couple of times. It's a lovely colour and lasts well but you have to use quite a bit of product and it's not really easy to apply - this may be due to the fact it's a creme and not something I am used to using though. I also used the CC cream and although the samples are tiny you do get quite a lot in them as you don't need to use loads on your face at a time. I'm going to keep the rest of them to take away on holiday with me for lighter coverage. I've also already tried out the Super Comb prep and protect but I've only used it once. It claims to strengthen and repair hair with detangling properties and well as colour and UV protection. This product definitely helped detangle my hairas my hair went from:


However I can't comment yet on any of the other claims. The oil I am yet to use and I've not read any of the book yet either. The little make up bag I think i'll probably use when I go away to put essentials in my handbag to keep with me as it's not big enough for everything I will want to take.

Comments

  1. Just had to pop on (again) to tell you that I adore the pics you choose to use in your blog! Love the before and after shots :)

    Mars xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Sometimes I worry about the pictures I use but they're just pictures of what I really look like so hopefully people accept that!

      Delete
    2. I think that's the beauty of the pics you use/choose, they really suit the style of your blog and the way you write about things, I'm not a big commenter on blogs but I do pop by when I can :)

      Mars xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you, means a lot! x

      Delete

Post a Comment