Body Image Series - Never judge a book by it's cover

We all know the phrase 'Never judge a book by it's cover' and we are all guilty of doing so.. However after writing my post recently on Katie Hopkins I got thinking.

We never know where another person is in their journey.

Although I totally do not agree that someone is any less of a person or should be treated differently due to their size, it's so much more complicated than that.

I can look at someone who weighs 30 stone and think 'that's gross' but how do I know their story..I don't. I know nothing about them except that they are big. Your size is not a trait of you and it's not what you are it's just something - like the colour of your eyes or your name.

People my size could eat really healthily and just have a history of bad eating behind them. For all I know they could have lost a lot of weight. Or people could be the same as me and be struggling with gaining and losing weight. Equally someone who is a 'healthy' size for their weight could eat a much less balanced diet and the weight just hasn't yet caught up with them.

So go ahead and look at me and think I look fat/gross/or whatever you please but until you know my story please do not judge me.

Comments