Body Image Series - The difference between fat and unhealthy

I may have managed to miss a body image series post as last week on Monday I was at my boyfriends seeing him for the last time before he moves to uni. I scheduled a few posts and thought I'd done really well then suddenly realised it was Monday and I had no urge to write about anything specific so I decided instead of forcing a post I'd just leave it till this week to write the next post.

I just wanted to make people aware of the difference between someone being fat and someone being unhealthy. I've always been bigger than other people my age - especially now. Yes I'm obese and yes I look like a lump but that doesn't mean I sit around doing nothing all day stuffing my face with sweets, crisps, chocolate and cake. If I did that trust me I'd be a hell of a lot bigger.



Believe it or not I actually enjoy exercise. Not all forms of it (no-one likes it that much do they?) but I do enjoy an evening wander in summer or a trip to the gym. SHOCK HORROR - yes, I go to the gym.

My general diet is also not that bad (well, sometimes). A typical day consists of cereal or fruit for breakfast, eggs and toast or salad or something along those lines for lunch and then meat, veg and some form of carbs for tea. So, why am I so big you may ask? Well, I love chocolate.. I can literally eat loads of the stuff and once I start I find it very very difficult to stop. This plus the other odd cake or takeaway has resulting in me finding it very difficult to find the correct balance between a treat and overindulging.


Going cold turkey isn't something that works. I've tried it. I get ratty. I get tearful and I just get down right awful to be around. Maybe one day I'll have to stop for my health or I'll just wake and think I'm fed up of my weight being this way but for now my main goal is to just not GAIN more weight that I'll need to lose in the future.


Comments