The day I got stuck in a chair

So I've had a few comments about my post on weight and how social media portrays size. It seems that I've touched on a subject a lot of people feel strongly about. Once my exams are over and I have some more free time I think I'm going to do a series of posts about weight and how being fat is viewed by different areas of the community. For now I'll leave you with a thought.
Today, I went for coffee with my mum. I sat in a chair that had arms on either side and after I'd sat down I realised it was a little tight and I was actually very uncomfortable. This is not a problem I've ever had before and I was embarrassed to say the least. I felt like society was telling me something. I felt like I wasn't allowed to be there because I was too fat. I mean, if I can't even fit in the seat I shouldn't be there right? 
Wrong..who is to tell me what size I should be? It's not me who is unhappy, it's not me who is uncomfortable. It's society who is uncomfortable with be and because of that deems me unacceptable.
It's not that I don't want to carry less weight I do..but I don't feel like it should be something I should be pressured into because of other people. If I was going to lose weight it would be for me and no-one else. 


This photo was taken recently so it's a pretty accurate representation of my weight. I know I'm big and I know if I worked I could be slimmer but as far as I'm concerned I'm not exactly a whale.

Comments