Arbonne - review

Some products we tried at the meet
At the Hull Blogger Meet we were lucky enough to have three consultants from Arbonne come and speak to us. Arbonne are a company who sell cosmetic products but like Avon do not have a shop. This is because for something to be allowed into shops it must have a shelf life of something like 6+ years. Naturally there are no preservatives that make a product last this long and Arbonne refuse to use any other preservatives. This means that all their products are sold by consultants or through their website.

Another of Arbonnes products - this time to do with weight management
Make up mess after trying more products
At the meet we got to smell and try a few different products and basically have a nosey. We also got to try a few make up products and have a look at what the company sell. Since then I met up with Sarah who gave me some of the range to give a test run and see what I thought. The products I had were from the FC5 range. There was a cleanser and toner, a day lotion and a powder.


The cleanser and toner I really liked, it took my makeup off really easily and left my skin feeling refreshed. The day lotion literally made me skin so smooth..something I had forgotten my skin was capable of. Although these two products were good they have quite a strong scent so when putting them on in the morning the smell was definitely a bit of a wake up call! The powder however I wasn't as keen on. It's supposed to help make your skin more matte as I have fairly oily skin. It did it's job pretty well however due to the colour of it (a kind of pale green) it took a lot of work to make work. I felt that the powders I use do just as good a job and for a fraction of the price.


These products came with a brochure to look at. My favourite part of the brochure tells you why certain ingredients are used. I found this really helpful as we're told all sorts of things are good for our skin that are natural but we're never told the real reason why. This list tells of the properties and specific things that these ingredients do. This part was particularly of interest to me as cosmetic development is something I want to get into in the future and so knowing things like this would really be useful. 

Overall I really loved the products I got to test from Arbonne however I believe trying something for only a few days is only a small indicator of what the product can do. Due to the price of the products at the moment (being a student and skint) I won't be buying the products but they're definitely something I'd consider in the future.


Comments