12 weeks slip into summer

It's officially 8 days until I go on holiday. I've been spending silly amount of time in the gym and trying so hard since my exams have finished to undo some of the bad I did. It's not really going to make a great deal of difference at this point I know, but I just want to get back into the swing of things.

Holiday and healthy eating. Not really two things that to me come hand in hand (although even normally my healthy eating isn't all the time).

I've been thinking a lot about what steps I can take while I'm away on my holiday to not undo any good I have done and these are the things I've come up with.

1) Don't feel awful about what is eaten/drunk. I'm going away with friends to an area that is well known as a party destination...I'm going to be drinking and I'm going to enjoy it.
2) Use times of the day when it's not at it's hottest to go for walks. Although walking on holiday happens a lot to explore, I'm going to try and make every effort I can to get up most mornings and go for an extra wander - just maybe not if I'm hungover!
3) With drinking usually comes eating. I'm going to try and after a night out stick to the water to put hangovers at bay. Eating food after a night out is just extra calories that I know I don't need.
4) Swimming. The place we are staying has a pool so when the area isn't really busy I'm going to use the pool to actually swim and not just sit in.
5) We are staying in self catered accommodation so a lot of the time we will be cooking ourselves. This means I can control more what I eat which is great.
6) Breakfast. Sounds obvious but eating breakfast I think is really important but I don't always do it. A bowl of cereal and a big glass of water is a good start to my day.
7) When we do go out to eat I'm going to try and order more healthy food. We are staying in greece so meat and salad should be something I can order and enjoy but without the guilt.
8) I'm just going to enjoy myself but in moderation. A healthy diet still includes fat and yummy food just in smaller amounts that I often have them. I want to enjoy my holiday and so if that means an ice cream then I'm going to have one!

Don't forget to check out www.weirdfish.co.uk and www.dwfitnessclubs.com who are behind this plan.

Comments