Body Image Series - An addiction

Freshers week has resulted in too much alcohol consumption and eating a lot of fatty greasy and down right unhealthy food. At the end of it all, it's been totally worth it. I've loved it and it's my last one so it would have been silly not to do it properly. However this has put me at what I assume is again the biggest I've ever been (I just refuse to stand on the scales to confirm the matter).

Today is Monday, it's the start of lectures and the end of the diet I've had for the past week. I'm sick and tired of being a fat slob and soon I need to be presentable for interviews. Sadly it's been proven that if you're larger you are less likely to be employed, and I've already got a list a mile long of reasons to not be employed..I do not need another!

People who are addicted to alcohol or addicted to drugs etc can get help with their addictions. There's medication (in some cases) that can be taken to numb the with drawl symptoms and there are help groups among other things for these people to attend.

However - and I know not everyone will agree - I feel that to me food is an addiction. It's a whole lot harder because it's also a necessity to me living.

And what makes it worse is people just think my weight is totally my fault and that I'm just greedy. That's not totally the case, yes I eat more than I need to but I'm so used to it it's literally so difficult not to continue the way I've been for so long.

I need to completely change my mind set and move away from the bad habits I've created for myself. I know I've said it all before but hopefully I'll eventually get there!

Comments