The Mad Italian

A week ago today I was lucky enough to be invited to sample some of the food on the menu at The Mad Italian. This restaurant is officially opening a week from today.


Newland Av in Hull to me is one of the first places I think of going if I'm going out for something to eat. It's been my home (or very close) for the last three years of my life and I prefer the area to the town centre. It has everything I need - charity shops galore, fruit shops and best of all, lots of places to eat.

Thankfully the time we were asked to go was my half day at work so I got to spend my afternoon with lovely company and what turned out to be some pretty awesome food. It goes without saying that The Mad Italian is an Italian. The owner is from Naples and the food is said to be authentic Italian.

For starter I chose the Antipasti Carne. I am a big meat eater and so to be presented with a big plate of meat to me is great!


My main was the chicken alla crema. I love creamy sauces and this one had just the right amound of seasoning. It was really tasty but due to the huge portions, even I didn't quite manage it all! The sauce had loads of mushrooms peppers and courgette in too so lots of healthy stuff!


For desserts we chose to share three different ones to try as they all looked so good. From top to bottom, we had: Almond biscuit with vanilla ice cream, Lemon torte with chocolate and chilli ice cream and then merginue topped with a profiterole and strawberry ice cream. I am a big fan of sweet things and these did not dissapoint. The biscuit was soft in the middle with a harder shell and was just lovely, usually I can pass on profiteroles and meringue..but the meringue was lovely and sticky in the middle and even the profiterole was nice! And the ice creams, oh the ice creams..... You just need to try them to understand!


All in all I had a lovely afternoon, eating really tasty food and catching up with some of my blogger friends. Heads up...there's going to be some really good day time deals.


To keep up to date with The Mad Italian follow them on twitter @maditalianhull, instagram @themaditalianhull and they're on Facebook too!

Comments