Slimming World | Bingo wings?!

Today, something that doesn't normally happen happened..I felt okay with my arms out.

To a lot of people that won't make sense, so, from the beginning. I've pretty much always been bigger than my friends (when I was younger I used to see myself as a whale when I wasn't) and for the most part I've been okay with it. Uni saw me balloon from a size 14 ish to a 20. At my heaviest I was 17 stone and lets be honest I was a whale. I hated how I looked but did nothing about it, eating takeaway as a snack not even a meal. Looking back I regret a lot of my food decisions but I've learnt a lot. 


Being that big meant my weight was everywhere. I guess I was lucky (?) in that I carried my weight pretty evenly and not all in one place. Sadly that meant a lot of my weight did end up on my arms. I pretty much always cover the tops of my arms as I really do think they're gross and having bingo wings at the grand old age of 22 isn't exactly what I planned.


But...the skin on my arms I guess just goes to show how much weight I have lost and how far I have come. For once I just decided to not care. We are all on our own journeys. I am happy on mine and so if a bit of lose skin and fat offends anyone then tough.

Comments