Housing with Hannah | Part Seven - I've set myself a challenge

As I've lived in furnished student accommodation and then furnished private accommodation for the last four years to say moving into my house is starting from scratch is an understatement. Literally anything I need I'll need to buy. The only furniture I've bought over the years is a cube, a trunk I've previously used as a bedside table and a set of plastic drawers for my undies.

Deciding exactly what I'll need to start with isn't easy but I'm going to set myself a challenge and see how complete I can get my house for a thousand pounds. Being in the job I am, money isn't exactly easy to come by and so I've had to save hard to even get this amount!

The house has no appliances in the kitchen so I'm talking sorting the house from the very big (cooker, washing machine etc) to the very small. I like a good challenge, I like to shop and I like recycling so I really do think this is the perfect challenge for myself.

Expect to see a post soon on just what I managed and how much I ended up spending!


Comments