Life - I got a pet!

Ever since my holiday I've really wanted to get a cat. However working long hours and just the fact they live a long time meant that at this point a cat wasn't really a commitment I could make! So, I became a little obsessed with wanting a pet and after a while decided I could get a hamster. I've had them before so I know how to look after them and they don't require an awful lot of care!


One saturday afternoon sat in the house bored I made a joke about going hamster shopping. About two hours later I was returning home with the cutest little thing I'd seen. I 'ummed' and 'arred' in the shop for quite some time about which one I wanted and then had to decide on the cage to get etc etc - and I'm not good at decisions!


He'd never really been handled before and this worried me a little as being bitten wasn't really top of my things to do list. After a few days of just sticking an arm in to introduce my smell and talking to him like a new born he let me stroke him without running away. A day later I picked him up and he was absolutely fine. I've had him four weeks roughly now and I've only been bitten once - something I'm really quite proud of!




Comments