Housing with Hannah - Part Four | When it all goes to shit

So, you've made the offer. It's been accepted and you've processed your mortgage application. You've even rang the solicitors to get that sorted and everything seems too good to be true.

That's because it is.

It was a Tuesday. Just been to the dentist and paid nearly £20 to be told I need a tooth pulling out or would need to spend about £300 to keep the tooth. I also have an infection in it...YAY

Walking to go and get weighed at fat class, pretty sure I've put on weight so as you can imagine not in the best of moods.

Pulled my phone out my pocket to see a missed call and voicemail. Listened to the voicemail, it's the company I'm meant to be buying from and was told they had some 'news for me'. Didn't think too much about it and rang them back.

They'd been another offer on the house. A much bigger offer. I'm pacing at this point. Holding back tears and the want to vomit.

I knew I shouldn't have let myself get attached, but it was too late and it had already happened.

Looking back at the whole situation, I wish I could tell myself to not get as upset as I did. There's nothing wrong with having a good cry, but I am a great believer of things happening for a reason and so I have to remember that moving forward.

Although it was sad and I think a part of me will always be sad that things didn't work out how I wanted them to at the time, something better WILL come along. It's not the end of the world and actually one day I might be thankful that it happened.

Comments