Housing with Hannah - Part One | A bit of an update!

As you may have noticed I have not written a post in a very long time. My life has kind of got really busy. Since starting my new job but also continuing my previous job I've found myself working seven days in a week more times than I care to remember.

So, little life update. I'm buying a house. Well, I should say I'm TRYING to buy a house. It is proving a lot more difficult than I had hoped.

From the beginning. I decided I wanted to live on my own the next time I move. I'm ready for my own space and want to feel a bit more settled. To start with I started looking for a place to rent. Viewed a few places that were alright. Nothing amazing but yanno...that's renting for you.

From there I decided maybe buying was a better idea. Hull is one of the cheapest places to live in the UK and so would be a good place to get on the property ladder. It also means paying the mortgage each month is actually less than a decent place to rent by quite a lot. The more I thought about it the more I realised that renting is dead money and got more into the idea of buying instead.

It's been a couple of weeks since all this happened...I've viewed a lot of places, some have been horrific some others quite nice. This whole experience has inspired me to get back to blogging and to write some posts for a series that may help people as when I started all this I literally had no idea what I was doing!

I won't aim too high but hope to post something house related once a week and hopefully pretty soon I'll have lots more time to dedicate to my blog again. It feels good to be back again already.


Comments