Housing with Hannah | Part twelve - Living room


This series is probably going to continue for a LONG time as it's taking a while to get my house to the point I'm happy with. I say that like I expected things to fall into place, don't worry I didn't but I also like getting things done and so that side of me is struggling with it all a little.

The original sofa
Let's start in the living room. Probably the room at the moment I am the most happy with. I've focused a lot of time, money and energy on this room as after all it is the room I spend the most time in (when awake). I'm actually really happy with it and don't even think I want anything else doing at this point (amazing).


When I first moved in all I had in the room was a sofa and TV on an empty stand. That's changed a lot now! I bought a second sofa..they're both little and cute and the one sofa just looked a little lost. I had wanted to buy a big seat to put next to it but all the ones I liked were insane amounts of money and so I decided to just buy a little sofa instead. I bought a book case to match my TV stand and a little table in the same material. I actually managed to construct both of these alone...I have no idea how but I'm proud!

My new sofa
I even love the little bits of finishing touches I've managed! A friend sent me a photo frame with us in and plaque so they've gone up and I added a few of the little signs I've got onto hooks that were already in the wall. I've even got candles on top of my fireplace and my light box on the bottom.


To me, this room is really homely and just how I hoped it would be. I'm really happy with the result especially considering how much I've paid for things in here. My most expensive purchase was the second sofa at around two hundred pounds.





Comments